Sunday, February 27, 2011

What Next?





(I was going to use this image but don't want to acknowledge her... she shows up under Google Image search for What Now.)

We ended a confusing week and wound up with some questions that can hopefully be resolved quickly.  My attorney was in contact with the sellers attorney and he did not seem worried that the foreclosure deed was not registered.  We also learned that the video of the water line was scheduled and we'd know the results soon.

I want to mention another recommendation I have... make sure you use a separate email account to handle this sort of process.  Its nice to have all of this communication contained in one email inbox.  I have several email accounts, a work one, my old trusty hotmail (don't judge) and several gmail accounts.  I use one gmail account for my home buying communications.   And if you wind up being a dork and deciding to document your process in a blog, its an easy place to look to recall the dates and process.

I did my best to bide my time but it was concerning that there was such radio silence.  I sent a few emails to my team just outlining the status updates, as I understood them.  I'd sometimes get reassuring emails in return but not much new info.  I do not know what I was expecting or hoping for... but it was hard to be patient especially as the $100 per diem was looming.  But I trust my team and got one more extension for the mortgage and the home inspection... this extension noted we have a new closing date.  I was told that even though the sellers agreed to bump the closing date we were still aiming for our original closing date.  I was nervous about that since I did not want to feel rushed into closing.  My fab sister recommended that I request a copy of EVERY document that I will be asked to sign at closing.  It would be nerve wracking to try to read through 50 pages of documents... so by having and reviewing the pages ahead of time, there are no surprises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment