Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fingers Crossed...

It looks like closing is on for Tuesday at noon.  I still have no clue what my closing costs will be and have not seen one piece of documentation... but they tell me not to worry.  Honestly its so easy to see how people got into mortgage trouble.  The lawyer I am working with has pretty much told me not to worry my pretty little head.  This big ol' head worries!  My lawyer has said that the FHA/HUD documents are fairly standard so there should be no curveballs.  But my sister has pointed out the last thing you want to have happen is to be presented with a document you've never seen before at the closing.  Trying to think positively and trust my team.  Scary to not know the closing costs still.   

I emailed the 203k consultant to ask what the next steps are.  He replied "Once you close & the money is set up in the escrow account - start the job."  Um... okay!  I am being very Scarlett O'Hara about the actual renovation.  The actual house buying process is my main focus.  Once I have the key (and a big mortgage looming) I will focus more on the renovation.  I know I'll need to focus on getting permits and materials... and that is when I turn into Scarlett O'Hara...  Fiddle-dee-dee...

No comments:

Post a Comment