Sunday, May 8, 2011

All Packed Up and No Where to go...

Quick update, my first mortgage payment was May 1 so rather than pay both mortgage and rent I am temporarily homeless.  My sisters have graciously allowed me in their spare room.  I packed up my apartment (who knew I had that much stuff?) and after a tense moving day, now have a basement that is loaded with boxes.  The movers did not organize it well so I went back today to do some rearranging.  I forgot my camera but will try to get some pictures this week.

The plumber has gotten a lot of work done.  The furnace and water heater are in place and I believe he is waiting on an inspection.  There is a jumble of plumbing pieces in the kitchen... its amazing that he'll get that all together.

The electrician has also done a ton.  He replaced a number of the older outlets and rewired some existing ones.

The carpentry work looks amazing.  The window trim is up.  The old trim wasn't terrible but the old owner painted with the wrong paint.  My GC encouraged me to just redo all the trim.  I am glad I did... something that seemed so minor to me really does make a difference!  The closet in the small room is in.  It looks awesome.  Its fun to see it coming along.

For the 203k, I heard from my mortgage company.  They asked why they hadn't heard from me yet.  Work has to start within 30 days for the loan.  I explained that work had started but for the Draw Request we were only about 10 percent in.  So we wanted to wait for the plumbing inspection to submit the first draw request.  They said this was fine because we were waiting on the gas line.  I checked in again last week just to make sure we are all on the same page.

So things are happening... I will try to get pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment